RECI has issued the following:
In advance of a customised letter that will be sent to you before Christmas and further to the information communicated at our recent road show evenings we are now pleased to confirm/clarify the transfer of your registration from ECSSA to Safe Electric for 2016 as follows:
1. Renewal of registration
– The annual subscription fee for 2016 amounts to €295;
– An invoice for the above amount will be sent to you before Christmas; the invoice will have your new Safe Electric registration number and is due for payment by 31/01/2016;
– Payment can be made by cheque issued to RECI Ltd, credit card or bank transfer;
– Renewal of your registration will be confirmed when payment has been received with the sending of your Safe Electric Registration Card;
– Please note that removal from the Safe Electric register will take place if payment is not received by 29/02/2016.
2. Insurance: you need to contact your insurance broker or insurance company as soon as possible to amend the indemnification from ECSSA to RECI. At the same time please check that your insurance is still valid.
3. Qualified Certifier Number (QC No): your current ECSSA number will still be valid until a new Safe Electric QC No has been issued to you in 2016. It will have the same expiry date.
4. Completion certificates: from 1 January 2016 paper certificates required to be processed need to be sent to RECI at: Unit 9, KCR Industrial Estate, Ravensdale Park, Kimmage, Dublin 12. Unused ECSSA certificates you may hold will be honoured until 29/02/2016 after which date a mechanism will be in place to ensure you are not at a loss for these unused certificates. We are in discussion with the Commission for Energy Regulation as to how this will operate and we will contact you as soon as this is finalised.
In order to quantify the number of unused certificates you are currently holding the customised letter you will receive from us includes a form. We would greatly appreciate your assistance if you could fill out this form and return it to us as soon as possible.